Taking inspiration from wet plate photography, I have a new set of works using alkyd paint on acetate . This technique has inspired me to work on clear acetate as though it were film. This fragility in process and form and diversity of mark making is I find enigmatic and fascinating. An anonymous sitter may be taken from an old photograph, their characteristics ‘brought to life’ challenging and questioning the idea of the sitter as a representational record of history, taking them out of context and allowing the viewer to observe.
- 2012 20/21 International Art Fair, with Liberty Gallery,
- R.C.A, London 2011
- The Affordable Art Fair, Hampstead, London
- Brighton Art Fair, Brighton Won ‘Pier Prize’ at The Palace Art
- London Palace Art Fair, Fulham Palace, London
- Brighton Artists Open House 2009
- Brighton Arists Open House 2008 AOH Group show
- Brighton 2007 Canvas Gallery
- Brighton AOH Group show, Brighton
Previous shows include
- Royal College of Art degree show
- London Venessa Devereux Gallery group exhibition.
- Westbourne Grove London Guerter Institue Animation group show R.C.A.
- London Thumb Gallery (Jill George) Soho London
- Tate Gallery, pump room Animation students at R.C.A. London
- A.O.I Illustration show. Covent Garden.
- London Society of Illustrators. West End.
- London Smiths Gallery group show Covent Garden.
- London Commissioned as one of six artists in residence at the Swindon Rail Works to commemorate 150 years of the Swindon Rail Works
- 2008-10 Artist and storyboard artist
- 1994: P/t Visiting Lecturer at Camberwell College of Art
- 1986 P/t Visiting lecturer at Harrow Art College
- 1985-2007 Freelance animator, live action director with Full Swing Productions London
- 1985-87 Freelance Illustrator
- 1982-85 M.A (hons) Royal College of Art
- 1978-82 B.A (hons) Liverpool Polytechnic